Monday, February 14, 2005

I am not normal... not really.

In fact, Valentine's Day has nothing to do with my pathetic life on earth (so long as I don't dine out that day). But as the day is looming, I find myself getting drown in the what-should-I-buy-for-my-boyfriend/girlfriend and how-will-you-spend-the-day talk.

well... maybe it's time for me to reflect on my singlehood.

To be frank, I am not the kind of person who can be easily got along with. I may look pleasant at workplace or social gatherings, but I know that deep down, I am not.

I am not a bad girl (not bad enough) and I try hard to be a good one (not good enough either). However, I've got some weird habits or behaviours that keep guys away.

Let me count... (You may not know some of them unless you know me so well or you have lived with me for some time.)
1. can only eat fruit at breakfast or will feel uneasy throughout the day.

2. have to take several supplement pills each night to sustain my life or will feel undone.

3. can't eat any starchy food during lunch (esp. rice) or will definitely fall asleep in the afternoon. There are only protein and fibre but no carbohydrate in my lunchbox except during holiday when I can sleep as much as I like.

4. drink only water or unsweetened tea while having meals. I can't tolerate having something sweet with something salty. (Having sweet and sour dishes is ok as basically they are salty to me, but a sweetened drink is sweet and is not salty in any sense.)

5. don't like taking photos of mine and can't smile naturally in front of the camera.

6. can't act naturally when encounter with strangers; for most of the time I will just stay mute even with my friends sometimes.

7. love desserts so much but need to share them/ have them with the others or cannot fully enjoy them.

8. can't stop eating starchy food when under pressure.

9. will become impatient, radical and bitchy when something or somebody gets on my nerve.

10. don't eat beef and don't really eat pork; don't eat instant noodles either unless in a life-or-death situation.

11. can't swim; can't sing; can't flirt; can't cook; can't play the piano; can't smile; can't converse; can't joke; can't read maps; can't put on make-up properly...

12. needs to drink tanks of water every day or will feel dehydrated.

The list still goes on...

These may sound trivial but they do matter when it comes to a romantic relationship. Believe me, they DO matter. (Of course, I won't deny that something else counts in a relationship as well. Everything single thing counts, anyway.)

Is that why I am still single? well... God knows.

Everything is fine as long as I am fine with myself--being single and being a bit weird sometimes.

5 Comments:

Blogger 一粒米 said...

Biscuit~
Sometimes guys are weired too..you know. They can't tolerate girls keep go shopping or eating dessert.

Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day. (I will ask you something secretly later on, hoho)

4:45 pm  
Blogger 燒米餅 said...

weird guys... you're right...

13. can't stand weird guys.

oh... secretly? *O*

8:57 pm  
Blogger NowhereMan無謂人 said...

here comes the weird guy, i save the world again by not dating with anybody! yeah!

no9 is normal, i'm abnormal, if no9 happen, i just have a feeling of kicking somebody butt or either killing him/her!

everyone is special (ha, so no one is special, from the incredibles), all the things on ur list is just some trivia matters. i do think the trivia matters are the most irritating thing in real life tho, but comproise, comproise, it's like that. and if a guy love you then he can comproise, it's always about comproising, i think u know better than me. if the guy can't tolerate who u are, forget it, y do we have to date? i don't know.

and joysi, it's just like girls can't understand y guys love to buy toys/sports shoes etc

9:54 pm  
Blogger 一粒米 said...

micmic, I agree with you. One would compromise if he/she loves you, and it comes so naturally. There is no point in dating someone who don't like "who" you are!

11:30 pm  
Blogger 燒米餅 said...

hoho, yes yes, I know it takes the two to compromise. When he/she is hopelessly in love with you, everything is fine. But when passion fades, these small things may not be that small as it looks.

Anyway, it just happened that it was Valentine's Day, and the idea of weird habits and behaviours of mine came to my mind. And thus, I started counting all those weird things about myself which I seldom make a compromise...

6:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home