Monday, March 28, 2005

Nightmare

Because of constant sleep deprivation during workdays, it becomes almost an instinct for me to oversleep during holidays. My brain will produce Melatonin right after lunch despite the intense sunlight out there and no matter how much I have slept last night. After a while, I will fall asleep without warning. I think that 'instinct' will soon be imprinted in my genes and passed on to the next generations of mine, if I ever have any 'next generation'. So up till now, I have spent half (maybe more than half) of my holiday in bed.

I don't know if I like being in a semi-conscious state as when I am dreaming or I am obessed with the content feeling after a good-night sleep--a precious feeling that I seldom experience during normal workdays. I just enjoy sleeping.

But these days, sleeping becomes a torture to me. Whenever I slept, I had nightmares. For many times, I woke up from nightmares just to find myself gasping for breath, my heart racing with fear and my mouth going dry. I would wake up several times a night. Even when I was having an afternoon nap, I would have the same experience.

I could't recall any images from my nightmares, but I'm sure they weren't about schools; nor could I see any Freddy-like creatures. But the fear and discomfort from the nightmares linger on, haunting me throughout the day. I suffer from headache because I couldn't sleep well.

Maybe something deep down is annoying me without my knowing, and it creeps in my dream when I am in a subconscious state (a Fredian explanation). Or I just slept too much and my body was struggling to strike a balance.

Anyway, I am still having a headache right now and I don't feel like sleeping.

I just wish that I can have a good night's sleep tonight as I will start my work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home