Thursday, August 04, 2005

A world without strangers

The overnight train from Prague to Munich was a torture to me. Tiny though the train cell was, it was crammed with two 3-bunk beds. I had to crawl to the top and squeese myself carefully into the cell. By the way, people in Europe like cooping themselves up in a sealed chamber no matter how stuffy or suffocating it is. So I passed a night of a life of a canned sardine.

As expected, most of train compartments were occupied by Koreans. In fact, all the Asian faces I saw were Koreans and the only language I heard was Korean! I felt like being in Korea rather than in Europe.

The only thing I felt delighted about the train ride was, I met a Korean girl travelling with her mum and we had a happy chat at night :) We exchanged e-mails and hopefully we could hear from each other soon.

Biscuit in Germany

The city was still asleep when we arrived at Munich in the very morning on Sunday. Everywhere was deserted and in dead silence. I was goosebumped in the chill of the windswept Germany morning, but it's better than being grilled in blazing heat.

Munich did not look as interesting, so we just nosed around the area close to the train station before heading to Fussen--the gateway to Schloss Neuschwanstein.

Fussen was our first station in Romantic Road which is a path of castles and palaces. It was a peaceful town full of interesting shops which I enjoyed very much. However, the Neuschwanstein Castle was not as fairyland-like as I imagined.

Rothenburg was the next stop. It was insular with fortress and its streets were lined with special shops. However, the weather was not that good--it's a bit cool and rainy. I was always greeted by icy air in the open area. But the host of the place we stayed at was really nice ^^.

And now I am blogging in Wurzbug--the third stop in Romantic Road. And yes, we have already walked around the whole place (including supermarkets and boring department stores!) and felt like taking a rest in an Internet cafe. After twelve hours, I will be in Paris.

By the way, I think I have to force myself on diet in the rest of the trip. As a cheese monster, I have gulped down tonnes of cheese--which scared my travelmate... It was supposed to be a weight-losing trip.

I think I won't squander my money on the Internet anymore before I head home.

Blog later ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home