Sunday, July 31, 2005

Biscuit @ Prague

I have been here for four days already and about 2 hours later, I'll be heading to Munich. :)

Day 1 in Prague

As a psychology student, I believe that first impression says it all.

If Austria is to peaceful, then Prague is to chaotic.

On the first day of our arrival, the city was holding something like a bike tournament and the streets were flooded with toursts and on-lookers. In profound exhaustion after a long train journey, it's difficult to fight my way through the crowd with all my luggage. By the time we arrived at the hostel, we were informed that our room had some problems and thus were forced to change to another hostel (in fact, I felt cheated). So that's another long knocking-people-out-of-my-way walk.

People here didn't look as nice and helpful, and cars were more aggressive. I was melting in the sweltering heat and my shirt and pants were drenched with sweat.

Moreover, English is an alien language here, so it's not easy to get directions from the local.

So the first day didn't go as smooth as I thought.

Day 2

Time seems to crawl in Europe. In just one day, we finished visiting most of the tourist attractions in Prague. Weather was extremely dry and hot here. Loads of water evaporated from my body and my lips were peeling.

I felt better today as I met some nice people finally. ^-^ One thing I didn't expect was, I always saw batches of Korean tourists around wherever I went. They even outnumbered Japanese tourists!

Prague was really a beautiful city, especially in the Old Town where you're enveloped in a festive atmosphere. However when compared to Austria, I like Austria more as I felt more comfortable and welcomed there. By the way, there's a higher percentage of good-looking guys and girls there ~.~

Day 3

We took a 2-hour bus journey to Karlovy Vary west to Prague. It's a small spa town dotted with hot mineral springs. It didn't take long to walk around the place and it's more peaceful and comfortable than in Prague.

By the way, we could taste different types of spring water erupting to the ground but I dare not do so in case my stomach protested.

We just spent one day here and headed back to Prague in the evening.

Day 4

Like the last day in Vienna and Salzburg, we visited all the seemingly interesting places on the map already! We even re-visited a few places. So we ended our trip in Prague in an internet cafe.

But the city looked more loveable today as the streets were less jammed and the weather was a bit cooler. I could finally enjoy the peacefulness here.

Anyway, I have to stop here as my money is burning away with every second passing.

Blog later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home