Monday, April 25, 2005

>.< I hate that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooooooooooo angry now that I have to vent my anger here (though I am at work now)! Really really furious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.< I have just called up the Grad School and told them my case...

Biscuit: ... I have deferred the registration of a Master programme and the deadline for registration is looming. But I still can't get any result from the other programme I applied for. What can I do?

Grad School: If you have applied for a deferral, that means you have accepted the offer already though you have not yet paid the tuition fee. Then you can't get any offers from other programmes.

Biscuit: But what I have interpreted is, I can have multiple offers from different programmes.

Grad School: well um... if you have accepted an offer from any programme, you cannot get any other offers.

Biscuit: So deferring a registration means accepting the offer? (I have not yet paid the tuition fee!) How about if I turn down the offer I have? Do I still stand a chance to get another offer?

Grad School: If you have accepted an offer already, you cannot get any offers anymore (Gosh... she is repeating the same thing).

Biscuit: I can see your point, but what I can see on your webpage is, my application for Applied Linguistics is still in progress. And I wonder if I surrender my offer of MA in Linguistics, will I still be available on the shortlist?

Grad School: well, I can't promise anything. You'd better call up the individual department and ask about your situation. (Passing the question to the other party again?)

Biscuit: I called and they said they could tell me nothing.

Grad School: At this point, then I suppose you should bear the risk whether to wait or not.

Biscuit: But the problem is, Grad School doesn't release the result at the same time! Why do I have to bear the risk?

Grad School: We just proceed the documents given by individual departments. And we just follow the policy.

Biscuit: (oh, the BIG term: p-o-l-i-c-y. ok, speechless) ok then, I will think about that myself.

* * * * * * * *

I was not at the boiling point. Not until I called Dept. of Eng. again.

Biscuit: ... (trynig to explain my case)...

Office: (and she interrupted me before I finished) I think I made myself very clear when you called last time. We cannot...

Biscuit: yes yes, I am very clear of your stance. But the situation is, I deferred my registration so as to wait for the release of your result... (and I told them what the Grad School told me.)

Office: I can understand that... (she kept waffling and repeated the same thing again.)

Biscuit: But I am trapped here and it seems that the application is still in progress. (I'm losing tolerance)

Office: In fact, the first round of result has been released. We released our result at the same time as Dept. of Linguistics. And we may have a second round intake depending on the response of the first one. And regarding your registration deferral, I think...

(she kept drilling on the registration-deferral-means-acceptance issue and of course, I was not listening.)

Biscuit: So you mean the first round of intake is over already?

Office: Yes exactly. And as for your case, I think... (waffling again...)

Biscuit: ok, I got your point. Thanks.

That is stupid! They should have told me the first round of intake was over already, then everything will have been settled! I didn't have to do all those things like a fool. And I wonder why my application status is still "in progress" on their webpage! They should have shown that my application is not successful!

Why do people have to make simple things complicated? It is all too bureaucratic!

And I really hate myself being occupied by the issue for so long.

4 Comments:

Blogger 一粒米 said...

I understand why you are so furious, I will shriek if I were you.

The Grad school seems has no idea that people will apply for different courses at the same time(goosh).

Unfortunately, such stupid things happen in Us and government.

I wonder how can they survive......

Calm down , calm down...

11:55 am  
Blogger NowhereMan無謂人 said...

sensible self: they are all so stupid...

emotional self: they are all jerk, how can they treat you like that!?

wicked self: hehe, they are really smart to play around with all these, really help to spice up their boring working life!

pick one that suits ur mood :P

7:57 pm  
Blogger 燒米餅 said...

Can I choose all three?

yes...the government...is much more stupid.

2:39 am  
Blogger NowhereMan無謂人 said...

don't be greedy!

12:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home