Sunday, April 24, 2005

I am back

I am still alive. (Just to reassure those who are still reading this and somehow can't catch me on icq and can't see me zombie-ing around.)

It's been 3 weeks since I last updated my blog. My inspiration has long run dry and I was in no mood for writing. And as usual, I was plagued by borderline depression and binge eating. In fact, evey single day was just the same as the others in the past 3 weeks, so my life was really nothing special to talk about.

Anyway.

I am still waiting for the result of my application for MA in Applied Linguistics. Grad school at CU is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly slow! I called up the Dept. of Eng. twice and told them that I had to pay the tuition fee of another Master programme soon, but they told me they couldn't disclose the result until the Grad. school did so. That is really stupid! Was I spying into the top secrets of your dept.? Was I intruding into someone else's privacy? I just wanted to know the status of my own application!

I delayed my registration of another programme and checked franically their webpage every day. But what I could see was a nearly full page of IPs (Application in progress). I have to call up the Grad. school on Mon again to delay the registration further.

* * * * * * *
One of my girlfriends called me up a few days ago telling me that she would teach again next year; and that she was getting married in 2 years. I was really touched when I heard this, not because she gets a job she wants, but because she can see her future now and she is content; and I can see the change in her.

When she was still a teacher a year ago, she felt confused and cooped up in an ivory tower. She wanted to experience a new life and taste the spice of life. So she quitted the teaching job and got admitted to MA in Journalism. For a year, she went from job to job and juggled with different interviews at the same time. But still, she could not find her way and felt really puzzled. She tried and failed.

And now, she has found her way (and her Mr. Right). She sounded like a different person when she told me her plan. She was more determined than ever and she felt blessed. I can sense that she has somehow settled down.

I am really really happy for her; really touched as well.

well, I look at myself and the same old question dances through my mind: what am I going to do with my life?

I wonder.

2 Comments:

Blogger NowhereMan無謂人 said...

suddenly feel it's good to be alive. just my usual moaning...

1:58 pm  
Blogger 燒米餅 said...

yes~ It's always nice to see the sunshine when I woke up in the morning.

7:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home