Sunday, June 03, 2007

Easy-come but never easy-go

Getting hooked up is much easier than getting detached. Not only does this rule apply to relationship, it also applies to banking services.

Yesterday morning, I dragged my dreaming self to a real bank (read: a bank that you can really touch and feel) so as to cancel my credit card which I applied by phone a couple of years ago but have never used and my financial plan which I signed up with a few clicks online. Actually I called up the customer service naively believing that I could cut all these easy-come services by phone or online, but it turned out that they are not that easy-go as I was told to physically go to a bank to do the cancellation thing.

To be frank, I hadn't been to a bank for almost a year and going to a bank especially on a holiday is definitely a hellish experience.

I spent about half an hour in an express line (lucky me I could still use this service) waiting for a teller to print me a credit card cancellation form (which all I had to do was to sign) and another 45 minutes for a financial consultant to print me a financial plan cancellation form (again, I just had to sign). Simply put, I spent nearly one and a half hour on something which would have done in less than 10, maybe 5, minutes without any professional assistance required.

Sometimes I wonder, why do we have to make an ending so nasty? Why do we have to make all those hassle for another party even when we know it is going to end anyway?

Maybe I should have thought more carefully before getting hooked up with anything.

* * * * * * * * * * *

I have bought an air ticket to Tokyo in July. It will be another solo trip and I will stay in Japan for 12 days.

I had never thought that I would go to Japan again (not in the foreseeable future) but it is one of the few Asian countries I feel comfortable travelling alone (Europe and America are too expensive). Originally I planned to go to Tibet but I couldn't find any suitable tripmates (we have different time schedules).

This time I will spend most of the time in rural areas (Izu, Hakone, Mt. Fuji, Nikko and Kawuizawa).

I will have my fingers crossed.

1 Comments:

Blogger KY said...

Hey Singapore is waiting for u ok...

Its safe here too!!

1:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home