Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Que Sera Sera. What will be will be.




Mr. Clown made us each a flower bracelet.



It has been almost 8 months since we last met and 16 years since we first met.

Although we are now on different tracks, each nursing a different dream within, leading us into different worlds that hardly overlap, we are always bound by our secondary school years during which our lives were deeply woven with each other's. Those distant yet innocent memories still warm our hearts like yesterday.

Tonight (6/4), as the five of us were sharing a cozy evening at a dimly lit restaurant, Jessica announced that she is going to be a bride at the end of the year and, later when she suddenly remembered, would like to invite us to be her bridesmaids. Half expecting the news, all of us were really happy for her and accepted her offer with honour.

Playing the guitar, a Filipino singer started crooning nearby.

When I was just a little girl, I asked my mother: what will I be?
Will I be pretty, will I be rich?
Here's what she said to me.

Our conversation was then steered to wedding planning and marriage life. All of a sudden, we became the teenagers back in those school days thick with public exams, crushes, boyfriends and break-ups.

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be.
The future's not ours to see,
Que Sera, Sera,
What will be, will be

Although the gap between our lives is too large to bridge at times,

When I grew up and fell in love,
I asked my lover: what lies ahead?

and our lives too alienated for each other to understand,

Will we have rainbows day after day,
Here's what my lover said:

we still share the momentous events in life,

Que Sera Sera.
Whatever will be, will be.
The future's not ours to see.
Que Sera Sera. What will be, will be.


like we did in the past, whatever will be, will be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to be friends of you gals for 16 yrs!

Looking for our 20th anniversary !
haha

Mandy ^o*

10:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home