Sunday, May 13, 2007

"Every ending is a beginning of some sort."

The moment right after I slid my last Masters assignment into the collection box seemed to have frozen long enough for me to get flashback attack of the last two years before my work finally landed on a pile of files already rested inside and put a period to my two-year study here in CUHK.

Over the last two years, the campus emblazoned into my mind as a brownish picture as it was bathing in fluorescent light at night. I zipped through the ever-transforming campus in endless nights without lingering for a moment to look around or to enjoy the atmosphere. My old days in CUHK, once familiarity of the campus and the teacher dress code seemed to have made me an outsider among crowds of young, hippy undergraduates and Mandarin speaking students. Everything I once knew so well suddenly looked novice to me in the moon-lit campus.

Such an alienation woven with my loathing of what I studied made the past two years of part-time study a painful experience. Not even the sensation course in my undergraduate studies has brought me so much confusion as the Linguistics classes. I didn't get a clue of what's going on in my conscious hours, let alone I dozed away half of the lectures.

Yet I muddled through it and now everything is history.

When this long-awaited moment finally came, I didn't really feel as ecstatic or relieved as I expected. Instead I feel kinda lost and unsettled as I am now left in the wilderness and am unattached to anything--neither study or a job-- but at the same time excited about the uncertainty and possibilities in the future--there's a world for me to grasp out there.

After that life-defining moment at the collection box, I took a casual walk from the sun-drenched main campus to the train station. I could finally enjoy the campus sparkling in sunlight--the refreshing breeze, the scent, the bridge and the river next to the chapel, the greenness, the pond, the calmness, and the newly paved grassland outside the train station. Once again, I could feel my long-lost love for this beautiful campus and felt proud of having spent a total of six years studying here. After all, I have left part of myself here and the campus part of itself in me.

It's time for me to start a new journey.

Life itself is a never ending story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home