Friday, August 11, 2006

I'm back

北海道 + 東京 15 日 travel log 「一個人在途上」連載中

http://adakuku.blogspot.com/

* * * * * * * * *

I was still in post-travelling ecstasy and vacation laze in the past couple of weeks, that's why I didn't update my blog until now. I have started my Japan travel blog and hopefully I could have it finished in a week as I have to formally start my work after that.

I tried to personalize the travel blog a bit--adding some background images and modifying the layout, things like that, but it took me a large amount of time and mighty effort with my limited java/html knowledge. So after nights of trials and errors, I lost my patience and ended up using one of the blogger templates.

No matter how much I love a foregin place, I always feel excited about returning to Hong Kong. I know from the deepest part of my heart that I love this place. Even though I was just away for 15 days, I could sense that Hong Kong has changed a lot and it is another journey for me to catch up with what's been going on here--and I pretty much enjoyed that :)

One thing I enjoyed most in my trip is, I could free my soul from the world that knows me. I was completely free of mobile phone calls and SMS and had no obligation to return any emails or icq messages or things like that. Technically speaking, I have disappeared for 15 days on the surface of the earth.

And now I'm back home, even though I am still on vacation, I could feel the tingle of stress with phone calls from students, colleagues and my financial planner. Actually, my students just wanted to have casual chats on phone or ask me out, but I could feel some kind of pressure. And I'm always alert when my phone rings (or when I think that's my phone ringing but actually it's not) and will check whether there's a missed call or a message for me at times.

A friend of mine always turns off his phone during day-offs. At first I thought it's a bit weird as even his friends can't reach him, but now I can understand how free it is--you can truly relax yourself.

Sometimes, it's not so bad to become an invisible man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home