Sunday, July 19, 2009

Very brief update

I went to Mornington Peninsula doing some work for my supervisor and she took me to a cafe overlooking the beach. So here comes the photo time...

A very chilly, cloudy day - but it didn't stop people from hitting the beach :)

Pancake Pancake Pancake for lunch! la la la - Did I mention it's warm? :)


A cosy cafe with a fireplace - should have taken a shot of that as well

oh, this pic has nothing to do with my Mornington trip. I took it from my own place one day after rain. You know winter here is also the rainy season, which makes winter more freezing than the actual temperature. But the nice thing about raining is, apart from lifting the water reserve, you can spot a rainbowly rainbow afterwards most of the time.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hey I've got good news! ooops, is that the first time I break any good news here? On my blog? Hmmmm... anyway, I just got the Faculty Publication Award which covers all the cost for me to attend a 5-day conference in Canberra in late Nov. Okay, it's Canberra. And it's a conference. *eyes rolling* But it's frrrreeeeeee - and I'm going to splash all of their money :)
How much I miss a real summer ^^

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation, Ada!!
So happy to know you got the award! what's that??
Take more pic & update your blog for your conference trip!

chan2man

12:36 am  
Anonymous kan said...

wow, what a wonderful day and good news!
:)

3:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! Enjoy ! Jessica~

9:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home