Friday, April 25, 2008

I confess...

... I enjoy watching others' amazed faces and hearing that gosh-you-look-like-a-freshman exclamation when I tell them my real age. Even though I'll show them a come-on-you're-kidding look, deep down I do feel flattered. Such an interaction will actually make my day if only it stops here. However, usually it doesn't.

Some people just get too excited that they act like having found a rare human species and go ask others around to guess my real age. I don't mind disclosing my age but slipping my age in a small talk is one thing; making it a public spotlight is another.

After two months of meeting new people in Melbourne, I can proudly conclude that such guessing-game reaction is not culturally confined and is stemmed from our primitive need to share discoveries.

Luckily, my thoughts and behaviors approximate my real age or I will be classified as having a Freudian regression .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home